Kevin Downey has resigned from his position as youth pastor at Linden (Alta.) MB Church after 3 1/2 years of ministry. Kevin and Brenda are open to further ministry.
Neil and Elizabeth Klassen have retired after 10 years of ministry in Pemberton, B.C. They are particularly grateful because 16 years ago Neil was told he would never speak again after an accident.
Gerry Hildebrand is leaving his position as area director in the Winnipeg office of MBMS International as of May 31. The new regional mobilizer for the prairie provinces will be Lloyd Letkeman. He begins June 1.
Peter Koehn resigned as pastor of Fourth Avenue Bible Church, Niverville, Man. at the end of March.
To-wang Hui resigned as pastor of North Shore Pacific Grace MB Church, North Vancouver, in July because of health problems. The new pastor is Abraham Lau, who began in November.
Markus and Marilee Deutsch, associate pastors of worship and music, will end their term of service at North Kildonan MB Church on September 30, 2005. They are currently exploring further vocational options.
Cathy Tibbles has resigned as children’s ministry pastor in Westwood MB Church, Prince George, B.C. to be home with her family.
John and Maryanne Nikkel are retiring from ministry at the end of June. They have served Grace Church in Cranberry Portage, Man., Leamington (Ont.) MB Church, Ross Road Community Church, Abbotsford, and most recently Manitou (Man.) MB Church during 25 years of ministry.
Ray Klassen has resigned from his position as director of Manitoba Missions and Church Extension as of June 30. He will be pastor of LaSalle Community Fellowship, beginning July 15. He and his wife Chris helped begin this church 10 years ago. The church has an average attendance of 100 people.
Herb and Doris Kopp have retired from their position as Manitoba conference minister as of July 31. Keith and Heidi Poysti, currently pastor of Elmwood MB Church, Winnipeg, begin this ministry Aug. 15.
Jake Epp, former member of parliament for Provencher, Man., has been appointed chancellor of Tyndale University College and Seminary in Toronto.
Bethany College, Hepburn, Sask., announced a number of resignations recently. Retiring after 36 years as superintendent of buildings and grounds is Harry Unger. Harry and his late wife Marnie came to Bethany in 1969. He is known, and will be missed, for his quiet and selfless servant heart, his thoughtful and passionate love for God, and his care for the college and its students. Also resigning are Phil Siebert as ministry arts director after 25 years; Trever and Joan Godard as missions director and mentoring coordinator positions, respectively, to serve as coordinators for short-term teams with MBMS International; Jacqueline Block after serving four years in student life and as instructor in Bible; Michelle Schmidt after an interim assignment as athletic director and Connie Jones as publicity coordinator.
Shirley and Phil Siebert
Rick and Jacqueline Block
Trever and Joan Godard
Baptisms and new members
Note: Baptism photos appear in the paper version of the Herald but not in the online version.
- Winkler (Man.) MB Church welcomed 9 new members in December, 5 by baptism: Adrienne Schulz, Amanda Hildebrand, Rachel Siemens, Janessa Neufeld, Artur Peters; and 4 by testimony: Richard Suderman, Tara Suderman, John Giesbrecht and Lydia Giesbrecht.
- McIvor Avenue MB Church, Winnipeg, welcomed 5 new members Nov. 28, 4 by baptism: Nickolas Badgley, Jacquelen Hamm, Trevor Klassen, Carmen Regier; and 1 by transfer: Irene Neufeld.
- Waterloo (Ont.) MB Church welcomed 7 new members by baptism Oct. 24: J.P. Hayashida, Sandra Hayashida, Cecil Hayes, Carole Hayes, Mark Hildebrand, Willem Vorsteveld and Debbie Vorsteveld.
- Forest Grove Community Church, Saskatoon welcomed 12 new members in Nov. and Dec., 3 by baptism and 9 by transfer. The new members are Darrell Schindel (t), Rhonda Schindel (t), Bill Friesen (t), Irene Friesen (t), Wendy Ludwig (b), Jennifer Sheasby (b), Jonathon Neufeld (b), Louise Balzer (t), Erica Scammel (t), John Netznik (t), Rosemary Netznik (t), Angelina Netznik (t).
- Panorama Community Church, Surrey, B.C. welcomed 5 new members by baptism Dec. 5: Christie Campbell, Sherri Godmaire, Carla Hanson, Ryan King, Jane Wornig.
- Cornerstone Community Church, Virgil, Ont., welcomed 7 new members by baptism Nov. 28. Pictured are (l–r) Jason Dyck, Joshua Heinrichs, Michael Loewen, Brian Loewen, Matt Wiens, Becky Wiens, Kevin Bayne and pastor Steve Sheane.
- Scott St. MB Church, St. Catharines, welcomed 7 new members Dec. 5, 4 by baptism and 3 by transfer. Pictured are (back, l–r) pastor Patrick Bartley, Joe Blaylock (b), pastor Brad Naylor, Magda Neufeld (t), Hans Neufeld (b); (front) Nadia Braoun (b), Rebecca Robins (t), Theo Penner (t) and John Krause (b), pastor Isaac Eitzen.
- Woodrow (Sask.) Gospel Chapel welcomed 2 new members by baptism Oct. 10. Pictured are (l–r) pastor Randy Chase, Amber Deschenes, Joanne Deschenes and moderator Gordon McCaslin.
- Portage Avenue MB Church, Winnipeg, welcomed 6 members Dec. 5, 2 by baptism, 1 by transfer and 3 by confession of faith. Pictured are (l–r) pastor Claude Pratte, Ana Contreras (cf), Kristin Pauls (b), Jessica Reeve (b), Sarah Dueck (t), Annette Wolf (cf) and moderator Helmut Huebert. Not pictured is Rob French (cf).
- Northside Community Church, Mission, B.C. welcomed 12 new members recently, 2 by baptism, 5 by transfer and 5 by confession of faith. Pictured are (back, l–r) pastor Ron Redekop, Mike Toews (t), Kelly Toews (t), Daryl Hill (b); (middle) David Driediger (t), Debbie Driediger (b), Pat Mussolum (t), Barry Mussolum (t); (front) Kelly Tinworth (cf), Don Dove (cf), Lydia Dove (cf), Naomi Crapo (cf), Henny Nukoop (cf).
- Ross Road Community Church, Abbotsford, welcomed 8 new members Oct. 24, 5 by baptism and 3 by transfer. Pictured are (back, l–r) Emily Trachuk (b) Chris Dyck (t), pastor James Penner, Marc Misner (t), Esthie Misner (t); (front) Karl Trachuk (b), Alice Trachuk (b), Tara Enns (b) and Kathryn McLean (b).
- Maple Ridge (B.C.) Community Church welcomed 21 new members Feb. 27, 10 by baptism and 11 by confession of faith. Pictured are (back, l–r) Jordan Stewart, Chris MacLean, Caleb McKenzie, Rick Rowe, Matt Quigley, Rob Queen, Ron Quinn, pastor Brian Fedyshen, Derek Bourcier, Emily Hodgson; (front) Jill Cocks, Kaitlyn Scott, Kelly Rudd, Jacqueline Bartel, Amy Drew, Steve Jackson, Carla Jackson, Cecilia Stefanucci and pastor Duane Goerzen.
- Richmond Park MB Church, Brandon, Man., welcomed 6 new members Nov. 21, 2 by baptism and 4 by confession of faith. Pictured are (back, l–r) Connie Rempel (cf), Jerry Rempel (cf); (middle) pastor Dave Ens, Tanya Joice (b), Joel Weber (b), Susan Dueck (cf); (front) Melissa Engbrecht (cf).
- Kelstern (Sask.) Community Church welcomed 5 new members by baptism Aug 15. Pictured are (l–r) Darren Kennedy, Joseph Jansen, pastor Ray Ulriksen, Karlie Ostrander, pastor Lyle Anderson, Cody Jansen and A.J. Ostrander.
- Community Fellowship Church, Newton, Man., recently welcomed 5 new members, 1 by baptism and 4 by confession of faith. Pictured are (l–r) Matt Rempel (b), Yvonne Rempel (cf), Carol Rempel (cf), Amanda Klassen (cf), Harold Rempel (cf) and pastor Ramsy Unruh.
- South Langley (B.C.) MB Church welcomed 5 new members Dec. 12, 2 by baptism and 3 by transfer. Pictured are (l–r) Ray Recksiedler (b), Kristina Janzen (b), Vic Kopp (t), Abe Klassen (t), Mary Klassen (t) and pastor Wes Dahl.
- Herbert (Sask.) MB Church welcomed 10 new members March 25, 2004, 9 by baptism and 1 by confession of faith. Pictured are (back, l–r) youth pastor Brent Siemens, Amy Sawatzky, Noelle Speir, Dale Martens, Rod Brooks-Augustin, Anissa Forest, pastor Bob Cappelle; (front) Matt Jahnke, Cortney Klassen, Melissa Penner, Emily Zacharias and Tracy Brooks-Augustin.
- North Peace MB Church, Fort St. John, B.C., welcomed 9 new members by baptism Dec. 19. Pictured are (back, l–r) pastor Rod Willems, pastor Les Riediger, Jim Giesbrecht, Decia McTavish, Stephen Donovan, Jamie Giesbrecht, pastor Tim Blois; (front) Mike Plant, Julie Giesbrecht, Melissa Halliday, Carissa Riediger and Tyler Giesbrecht.
- Glencairn MB Church, Kitchener, Ont. welcomed 1 new member by baptism Feb. 13. Pictured are (l–r) pastor Bill Stubbs, Ont. conference minister Mark Johnson, Terry Wiseman, pastor Ross Penner.
- Lakeview Community Church, Killarney, Man., welcomed 1 new member by baptism Dec. 31. Pictured are (l–r) pastor Stephan Bauer and Travis Tannas.
- Vancouver MB Church welcomed 2 new members by baptism Dec. 12. Pictured are (l–r) pastor Johannes Stolz, Tosh Hamamura, Gloria Ekkert and pastor Randy Groening.
- Kitchener (Ont.) MB Church welcomed 2 new members Nov. 21, 1 by baptism and 1 by transfer. Pictured are (l–r) pastor Vidya Narimalla, Jerelyn Erb (t), Rosie Schappert (b) and moderator John Funk.
- Westview Community Church, Grassy Lake, Alta., welcomed 2 new members by baptism Dec. 5. Pictured are (l–r) Stephanie Norris, pastor Kris Peters, Taralyn Norris.